SriDevaraj Urs Vidya Samste ® Chitradurga was established in the year 1983-84 by the group of schedule caste persons with to provide education and training program for the students of SC/ST and OBCs in Backward geographical area of the society. Sri Devaraj Urs Vidya Samste had conducted social activities like medical awareness program and to form Self-help Groups at Chitradurga and Davanagere District every year. Beside various cultural programs were conducted under the auspicious of the society.
Anekondada Revakla Mahadevapp First Grade College was established in 1990-91, It is one of the reputed colleges run by the SC/ST Management in Davangere. Under the Davangere University the Deveraj Urs Vidhya Samste having realized the necessity of co-education in Davangere Town .Ever since its establishment, the college has seen a steady growth in terms of both quality and quantity. The students of this college are known for their good behavior. The management of our college comprised of enlightened and philanthropic members devoted to the cause of SC/ST and rural back ground students.
Important Milestones of the College
The Director, Collegiate Education and the Principal Secretary of the Higher Education, Government of Karnataka sanctioned Degree College in wide order no. ED 44UDC 90 dated 23-10-1990 in the academic year 1990-91 with the course Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Commerce.
- The degree college is maintained by scheduled caste management.
- The total strength of our college at the time of beginning was 25 and now the strength has been increasing up to 384 in the academic year 2014-15
- The Principal Secretary of Higher Education, the Government of Karnataka sanctioned salary grants for 13 teaching staff and 14 non teaching staff in wide order No.ED138 UPC 2010 dated 18-05-2011.
- In the beginning college started at Anekonda, in Davanagere with a own building and now the college in processing and running in its own well furnished building at S. Nijalingappa Layout Davanagere with good infrastructures and dedicative teaching staff.
- Our college is running since 1990-91 consisting more than 50% SC/ST and OBC students.
- The college has received in the year 2004-05 the best Unit and best Officer of NSS in district level.